When you visit Jackson Hole, you have the choice of many winter activities to enjoy. Multiple days of skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling adventure can catch up to you though, if you don’t allow time for recovery. We often find that people on short-term visits push their bodies harder, making recovery even more challenging. A great way to speed up your recovery and maintain your top performance is by getting a massage.
“A great way to speed up your recovery and maintain your top performance is by getting a massage.”
Jackson Hole is a magical place with the options to engage in skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling at all skill levels, from pro athletes to bunny slope beginners. Regardless of where you are, we meet you where you are at, in that moment. If you are experiencing aches and pains from an active day, massage can be a great solution to keep you on the slopes and performing at your best. It’s easy to get caught up in the Jackson Hole experience of apre’ ski, live music, time with friends or family, great food, and ignore the aches or pains for too long. Unfortunately, this is how injuries that can stop you dead in your adventure tracks can happen.
Recovery is important because it helps your body repair the muscles that were stressed during your exercise. When you don’t allow your body to recover properly, this can often decrease your enjoyment while increasing your risk of injury and can cause your performance to suffer as well.
“When you don’t allow your body to recover properly, this can often decrease your enjoyment while increasing your risk of injury and can cause your performance to suffer as well.”
On your big skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling days in Jackson Hole, consider how you want to recover for the next day. Through years of research and customer surveys, American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) the leading and trusted massage therapy organization research shows massage can help with recovery in these ways:
- Increase circulation
- Promote faster recovery time from injuries
- Increase flexibility and range of motion
- Reduce pain, tension, and fatigue
- Ease anxiety
- Promote better sleep and relaxation
- Increase body awareness
- Lower blood pressure
Skiers, snowboarders, and snowmobilers can benefit from a variety of modalities depending on their needs including but not limited to
- Swedish Massage – increases circulation and relaxes the muscles with long, gentle strokes
- Deep Tissue Massage – releases deep body tension and working out knots that have formed over time or from injury
- Thai Massage – increases your flexibility and range of motion. relieves pain, muscle tension, and stress.
- Sports Massage – specifically designed to address the needs of athletes
- Jackson Hole Mobile Massage Signature Massage includes stretching and a combination of pressure/focus based on your needs.
Pro tip: Book your appointments in advance. Get a massage before your adventures to reduce muscle tension, and you will be off to a great start. Book a massage in the middle of your trip to Jackson Hole to maintain your top performance or prevent injuries. You can also schedule a massage at the end of your trip to reduce pain, stiffness, and muscle tension before returning to the office. There are only so many powder days in a year, and if you don’t take the time to recover properly, you can end up feeling exhausted and sore. A massage can help speed up your recovery and keep you performing at your best so you can take full advantage of the skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling season.
“A massage can help speed up your recovery and keep you performing at your best so you can take full advantage of the skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling season.”
In addition to massage, here are a few other ways to ensure you are able to recover from injury and get back out on the slopes!
- Getting enough sleep – sleep is essential for recovery, as it’s when your body repairs and rebuilds muscle tissue.
- Eating a healthy diet – eating a diet that is rich in protein and other nutrients can help your body to recover more quickly.
- Drinking plenty of fluids – staying hydrated is always important, but poor hydration can significantly extend your recovery period.
If you are looking for a way to speed up your recovery after a day of skiing or snowboarding in Jackson Hole, consider making an appointment with Jackson Hole Mobile Massage. We will meet you where you’re at. We often work with groups hitting the slopes, touring the parks, and vacationing together. It’s a great way to recover from your hard work and play. Interested in booking appointments for your vacation? Click here Book Now
American Massage Therapy Association. “25 Reasons to Get a Massage | AMTA.” American Massage Therapy Association, 2021, www.amtamassage.org/find-massage-therapist/25-reasons-to-get-a-massage/.